Windows 2008 System Accounts
Can someone tell me how to view Windows System accoutns like "Network Service" from Server manager. I can only view the accounts if I try and add ACL permissions on a file or directory but not from Server Manager.
November 30th, 2009 4:58pm

anyone?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2009 7:58pm

I doubt if you can. Why do you need this?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
November 30th, 2009 8:05pm

These are builtin accounts, and are described as pseudo accounts. I believe there is no way to view them. However, I believe the local system account is equivalent to the computer object in the domain. Richard MuellerMVP ADSI
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2009 8:13pm

Hi, The system account is an internal account, does not show up in User Manager, cannot be added to any groups, and cannot have user rights assigned to it. On the other hand, the system account does show up on an NTFS volume in File Manager in the Permissions portion of the Security menu. By default, the system account is granted full control to all files on an NTFS volume. Here the system account has the same functional privileges as the administrator account. For more information, please refer to: How the System account is used in Windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/120929 Regards, Bruce
December 1st, 2009 12:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics