Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2000 Server Networking
Hi there! I have recently installed Windows 2008 Server(Server1) and made this as domain controller; i have a Windows 2000 Advance Sever(Server2) which i have joined into TEST.LOCAL domain successfuly.But now when i rebooted Server2 with windows 2000 server and tried to log in it is saying domain not available because.In the list of domain name i can only see TEST not the complete TEST.LOCALplease help...
May 28th, 2009 10:45pm

Is the W2k server set up to use the new DC as its DNS server? What do you see if you do "nslookup test.local" from the W2k server?Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2009 3:22am

hi ther,e can you check the below registry key and let us know if you are able to see available domains ?"HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Domainand make sure netlogon service is running because this is the service responsible fo rthe domain cache some infoThe GINA gets invoked long before the network is available andmsgina creates a cache in the registry of the available domains. It uses that cache to populate the list. It reads the list during init, and then writes it back out whenever it changessainath windows driver development.
June 1st, 2009 8:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics