Windows 2008 Server access
I have set up my brand new Windows 2008 Server. I am trying to access it by IP in Internet Explorer on the local network, but it does not show up using 192.168.x.x It can be accessed from the public network though, using a public IP address. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
September 30th, 2010 4:53pm

You may want to post the results of IPCONFIG /all to look at your TCP/IP settings. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 5:11pm

Hi, According to the description, you can remote desktop into the computer through public IP address, so you should know the way to remote desktop into a computer. In order to isolate the issue, please help me to collect the following information: 1. Please run ipconfig/all on the client computer you used and the remote computer you want to managed and then paste the output here. 2. Can you ping the Windows Server 2008 server from your client computer through IP address and computer name? 3. Have you tried to connect to the same Windows Server 2008 computer from another client computer? 4. What’s the exact symptom did you get when you tried to connect to the remote Windows Server 2008 computer, any errors occurred? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 1st, 2010 2:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics