Windows 2008 Server Stops Sharing to XP and 2003 Clients without warning.
I have a new Windows 2008 R2 Server. I have created shares for users home directories. After a few days it just stops sharing via DNS or Netbios to ALL XP and 2003 clients. I can access the shares from the server itself but not from My Network places, the command line or Active Directory on any other station.It is a Domain Controller, runs DNS and I have no idea why all of a sudden it just stops sharing. It doesn't have anything but the basics and Norton Corporate 10 client (which seems to be working fine).I don't have any Vista or 7 clients to test it with.I did hear about this with 2008 server and something about the security but I can't find the solution. The server is pingable and DOES access the XP and 2003 workstations fine.lforbes
February 2nd, 2010 9:10pm

Turns out it was Symantec Antivirus. How annoying when an antivirus causes more issues than a virus. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/32800575/smb-shares-stop-respondin.aspxI have uninstalled it and installed Forefront which we have a site license for. So hopefully Microsoft's own products will work better with their OS.Cheers,Laralforbes
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2010 9:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics