Windows 2008 R2 x64 System Reserved Partition
Hello Zhang, Thank you for the reply. I came in this morning....and notice the drive was label correctly "System Reserved", reboot the server, login and it was back to unlabled...I was going to go through your recommended fix and once I assigned it a drive letter...it was labeled "System Reserved", then I removed the drive letter and it was labeled correctly again. So I reboot the server again and it was back to the original problem... it was unlabeled again... weird.. I m just trying to be proactive because its going to be a production server pretty soon and not sure if the inconsistency of this drive will cause any issues down the road (patches, etc......). I was also considering rebuilding this server if I can't find a solution for this but too much preparation has been done already so unless you have other recommendations, I m going to leave this drive alone.... thanks again for your help on this. Thanks, Kevin Kevin Trinh
April 27th, 2012 8:03am

I have notice the "System Reserved" partiton on one of our Windows 2008 R2 x64 server has no volume name (Unlabeled Volume) or drive letter. I compare it with another Windows 2008 R2 server and notice it should be named "System Reserved". But when I click on the property of the "Unlabeled Volume" and tried to name it "System Reserved" I can only type in 10 characters. How can I restore the volume label name of the "System Reserved" partition? Many thanks in advance for the help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2012 4:07pm

As I understood, you can only type 10 characters in the filed that I have shown in the following figure? Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 27th, 2012 5:04pm

Hello, Try the Label.exe command to assign label name. 1. Firstly assign the volume a drive letter. Say its X:\ 2. In Command Prompt, use the command label x: "System Reserved" By the way, if your server is running properly, I dont think its necessary to assign this volume a label name. It's better just leave it that way. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2012 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics