Windows 2008 R2 and misc folders appearing
We have a Windows 2008 R2 running in Hyper-V. Within this instance we have a "Data" partition. There a number of random folders with locks appearing on this drive partition. Inside each of these folders is a folder named Sandbox, where are these coming from and how can I stop them? We have two other servers setup exactly the same and this isn't happening on those servers. Thank you.
October 6th, 2010 5:36pm

Is it Kaspersky? http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2010/protectionappcontrol?qid=208280377 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 6th, 2010 11:32pm

Hi, As Dave mentioned, you may have an antivirus application installed, if so, please try to disable it to see whether you get the same issue. By the way, you can boot the computer into Safe Mode to see whether you get the same issue. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 7th, 2010 1:27am

No, no antivirus on this server. However, I found the time stamp on each of these folders was the same, around 10 a.m. each day. I looked through the event logs and found this on the days the folder(s) are created. Initiating changes for package WindowsUpdateClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-Package. Current state is Installed. Target state is Installed. Client id: WindowsUpdateAgent. Windows Update is completely turned off on this server. Suggestions?
October 7th, 2010 6:18pm

Hi, Windows Update is completely turned off on this server. >> It is recommend that you turn on the Windows Update to make your computer get the latest updates. By the way, I suspect that there are some virus on your computer, you may try to scan your computer with anti-virus to see whether there are any issues. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
October 11th, 2010 2:50am

· Hi, Have you tried the suggestion? I want to see if the information provided was helpful. Your feedback is very useful for the further research. Please feel free to let me know if you have addition questions. <span style="font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; co
October 12th, 2010 11:25pm

· Hi, Have you tried the suggestion? I want to see if the information provided was helpful. Your feedback is very useful for the further research. Please feel free to let me know if you have addition questions. Best regards, Vincent Hu
October 12th, 2010 11:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics