Windows 2008 R2 Trust relationship issue
I have a windows 2000 mixed mode domain and when I try to assign user login credentials to the SQL services I get a Trust Relationship error trying to find the users login information. I also noticed that if I add Windows 2000 domain users to the Local Administrators group on a Windows 2008R2 server it doesnt give the name it gives the SID instead. Is there a special setup to allow a Windows 2008R2 server in a Windows 2000 mixed mode enviroment or do I need to upgrade my mode before a Windows 2008R2 server will properly pull up user authentication? Thanks VictorVictor
October 14th, 2010 1:24pm

Here's a related post you may want to take a look. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/9b9c998c-15aa-4217-a4af-a1f75df39ca0
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 14th, 2010 1:34pm

Can you provide more details with regard to the trust type? Is this is trust between two Forests? If so, what type of trust. Also, for SID enumeration to work properly between domains, your name resolution needs to be configured correctly. Have you also verified that you are able to resolve hosts in both domains from both domains? Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
October 14th, 2010 1:37pm

I only have one domain and its Windows 2000 mixed mode. The windows 2008R2 server in question is a member server of the Windows 2000 mixed mode domain. The trust error comes up when assigning user logins for the SQL 2008 R2 services. The SID enumeration is either another symptom of the problem or a totally different problem I am not sure at this point. Thanks VictorVictor
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 14th, 2010 1:49pm

Ok, I only mentioned the trusts because its part of the title of your posting. So, there is no trust relationship. Have you verified the DNS client settings on the 2008 R2 server? Do you experience this same issue when accessing the "Access Control List" (ACL) on a regular folder? If not, this issue may be only affecting SQL services. If that is the case, I would post your question in the SQL forum. If the problem is server wide, I would expect that you will have this issue when trying to provide permissions on any folder on the drive via the ACL.Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
October 14th, 2010 2:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics