Windows 2008 R2 IIS 7.5 and downloading files
We upgraded a Windows 2003 server to a Windows 2008 R2. After the conversion, we found out that if we click on a link to open a file (PDF or ZIP) and if we interrupted the download process. For example, I clicked a link to open a PDF file (about 3M) and when a PDF page was opened and I still saw that the rest of the file was downloaded, I clicked the Back button to go back to list of files. If I clicked the same link to open the same PDF file again, I would get an error saying that the file could not be opened. The same thing with clicking on a Zip file, after I clicked to save the file, if I closed the window showing that the file was being downloaded and I clicked to save the same file again, I would get an error. I could repeat this most of the time. It was harder with a small file because the file was downloaded completely and I was never saw the problem. It almost looked like when a file was not downloaded totally the first time and if I clicked to download again, the server thought that I should use the cache but the cache was not a complete file. If I set the option in IE to empty all the caches when IE is closed, I would be able to click on the link to the same file to download it again. Otherwise, I would not be able to download the file. Once in a while, I might get the error even though I did not click on a particular link before. I did the same test with our old Windows 2003 server and I did not the problem but I have no clue what to do. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. RJ
July 20th, 2011 8:36pm

Hi, For IIS issues, I suggest discussing then in our IIS forum: http://forums.iis.net/ Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2011 1:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics