Windows 2008 R2 FSRM Quota Management

Having issues with Windows 2008 R2 FSRM Quota Management.  We have everyones Home drives setup with a quota.  We have different quotas for different people and the Quota % Used is not matching what is in there Home drive.  One user went as far to delete all but 4GB on his drive with a 150GB Quota and its still showing at 91% used.

Been like this for weeks(user Claims).

Any thoughts

Thanks for any assistance.

January 20th, 2015 6:30pm

Hi,

FSRM disk quotas are based on folders, not users. How do you create FSRM disk quotas?

You can use disk quotas on NTFS Volumes which are tracked on a per-user. To apply disk quotas to existing volume users, add new quota entries in the Quota Entries window. 

For more detailed information about disk quotas on NTFS Volumes, you could refer to the article below:

File Systems
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938945.aspx

Best Regards,

Mandy
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2015 10:34am

First off thank you for the response.

Yes, I am sorry I explained it wrong. Its the users folder but the Quota is applied to the folder and not the user. I am looking at one user right now.  These are the users Home drives. 

Here is one example:

FSRM Setting:

150 GB Limit, Hard Quota, Warning Email 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%

FSRM says the quota is at 91% used.

However when I go to the folder itself.   Its says there is only 4.6GB in the folder.

January 26th, 2015 5:47pm

Hi,

Do you turn on the NTFS file system compression on the NTFS volume? In so, you may go over your disk quota limit even if you had plenty of free disk space available before you compressed the files.

For more detailed information, please see:

File Server Resource Manager reports incorrect quota usage?
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/221efcf8-3705-4ba9-b8e2-949353c23173/file-server-resource-manager-reports-incorrect-quota-usage?forum=winserverfiles

Best Regards,

Mandy

February 4th, 2015 12:39pm

Thank you,  Yes I had all ready read that post.  

Compression is not turned on and Size and Size on disk are very close.   4.76GB to 4.78Gb.

FSRM Says its using 138GB.

We do have Shadow Copy/Previous Versions turned on but only save 2 weeks.   Its been 3 months since he deleted the 100+ GB from the users folder.

February 6th, 2015 12:03am

Hi,

What is the capacity on the Home drive? If users access their Home drives from Windows XP clients, disk space could be incorrectly reported on mapped drives.

For more detailed information, please see:

Why disk space is incorrectly reported on folders where File Server Resource Manager quotas are enabled
http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2006/09/26/458221.aspx

Best Regards,

Mandy

February 9th, 2015 6:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics