Windows 2008 Firwall AND FTP
I have noticed that FTP Server is checked in the enable exception area of the Windows Firewall Settings. I also verified that the FTP rule was enabled in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (FTP Server Traffic In - Domain, Private, and Public). However, I can not access my FTP site without turning Windows Firewall off. Is there some other setting somewhere that needs to be changed? Thanks. Mike
June 1st, 2007 3:55pm

I was having the same problem. In order to access my server, for some reason, I had to turn on passive ftp in Internet Explorer. As soon as I did that I was able to connect. I think there is an issue using active ftp with windows server 2008 firewall and advanced security. I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2007 5:50pm

even this was an old thread.....I had the same problem ...was only able to get ftp server going by turning off firewall.was using IIS 7.0 and Windows enterprise 2008 server.has set up ftp server on static ip with xxxx port for servercould remote access machine with mstsc but not ftp to it. drevil
June 22nd, 2008 4:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics