Windows 2008 - SNMP not working on partition after files are restored to it.
Hello, Our old file server is on a Windows 2003 OS. It's E drive has lots of files and I can't get any SNMP info from this partition (size,space used etc), all the other partitions are fine. Now I have a new Windows 2008 R2 server and the E drive is fine on that server until I restore the files from the Windows 2003 server to it and the same thing happens where SNMP cant read the size of the partition and how much is being used etc. I do the restore from tape. What could caused this, file corruption? If so what command scan I run on the new server to check this disk? Thanks
October 26th, 2010 8:12am

Hi, have you allowed the Network Service account to read information from the partition? 1. In Windows Explorer, locate and select the partition. 2. Right-click the partition, and then click Properties. 3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Security tab. 4. On the Security tab, examine the list of users. If the Network Service account is not listed, add it. 5. In the Properties dialog box, click the Network Service user name, and in the Permissions for NETWORK SERVICE section, select the Read, Write, and Modify permissions. 6. Click Apply, and then click OK. Then, please check if SNMP can read the size of the partition.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 28th, 2010 4:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics