Windows 2008 - Restore Points
Hi, i am looking for restore points in win2008... where can i see them - where can i work withem? And - 5 possilbe restore version should be possible when rebooting and inserting the dvd - but i can only use 3... Any tipps? Andy
April 22nd, 2008 1:33pm

Hello, Based on some research, I am sorry to say that this feature is not supported by Windows Server 2008. It is supported by Windows XP and Windows Vista, but not by Windows Server 2008. Besides, will you please let me know what you meant by "5 possible restore version"? If you meant the "choose a recovery tool" on the "System Restore Options" page, well, this is a by-design feature. The "Startup Restore" and "System Restore" utilities have been removed when compared to Windows Vista. Some of the startup issues should be repaired manually or you may restore the system using the backup media created by Windows Server Backup. Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2008 2:31pm

OK, but why do they got this section in the help on my Win sbs 2008 machine when I search for recovery point (My OS is in Swedish and the text are translated to English)?: "Restore Point A representation of a stored state of your computer's system files. Restore points are created by System Restore at some times and when a change in the system are detected. You can also at any time create a restore point manually." BR Robert
March 24th, 2011 10:40am

I think that what you may be looking for is Shadow Copies on 2008 Server. Look up Shadow in the local search on the machine and you will get lots of info. It is found in Administrative Tools, Computer Management. In the console tree, right click Shared Folders, All Tasks and then Configure Shadow Copies.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2012 10:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics