Windows 2008R2 Server Credential Manager clears entries after a couple of days.
I have been having issues with W2008r2 server wiping out saved credentials after a few days. I have to keep restoring the credential vault with the back up file I created. I tried rebooting server to see if that was the issues, It is not. I am mapping drives to other shares in our domain. Different processes use these shares to either put or get files. The credential manager was working fine for a couple of years. This problem has started in the last 6 months or so. All updates and service packs have been applied to this server after problem surfaced. No Know SECPOL or GPEDIT's made
July 1st, 2013 2:55pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Maybe the authentication is blocked by antivirus and firewall in your system or the firewall on your router.

I suggest we check the Windows logs first,when it happened,what changes we have made on the server.

It is probably not the cause of Credential Manager itself.

Regards

Ted

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 2nd, 2013 4:07am

My accesses are not being blocked. The entries that I have made in Credential manager are disappearing. We don't have a firewall between internal systems. My AV is Forefront.
July 2nd, 2013 2:04pm

Hi,

Please refer to the following steps:

In the Group Policies Editor, open each of the following items in turn:

Computer Configuration
Windows Settings
Security Settings
Local Policies
Security Options

Now, right-click on the Network security: LAN Manager authentication level policy item, and then, from the context (pop-up) menu, select Properties.

Now select the Local Security Settings tab, and then, in the dropdown box, locate and select Send LM & NTLM user NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.

Now click the OK button, and then finally, you may close the Group Policies Editor window.

Regards

Ted

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2013 5:30am

Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as Answered as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Ted
July 8th, 2013 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics