Windows 2008R2 Routing Issue
Hello There, we have a prototype environment to demo a vpn product. It is a small network with 4 workstations (i.e., all workstation are connected in the same broadcast domain. I know it is strange but it is for demo). The workstation have the following IP addresses : 172.27.3.222/16 - FTP Server (Active Mode) 172.27.0.1 /16 - Default Gateway 172.27.3.21/16 - VPN gateway 192.168.177.8 /24 - FTP client When we set a static route in the FTP Server, the FTP file transfer executes perfectly well, no problem. When we use the dynamic routing capabilities, we see that the FTP server receives an ICMP Redirect from the default Gateway (i.e., ICMP Redirect type 5, code 1 gw 172.27.3.21 for destination 192.168.177.8). The FTP server starts the transfers until the VPN gateways starts congestion. The FTP server then starts sending back to the default Gateway which provides it with ICMP Redirect in return. It is as if the FTP Server was not able to keep its dynamic route. Can someone help me explain this behavior?
April 20th, 2012 2:43pm

Hi Paul, Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum. I would recommend you post your issue in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver for better support. Have a good day, TomTom Xu [MSFT] MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2012 1:14am

Your task is not fully defined. Would you show routing tables? Regards Milos
April 24th, 2012 2:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics