Windows 2003 server not installing any components from CD-ROM SP1 disk
I am having trouble configuring and installing components because the setup is not able to files on the CD SP1 of Disk 1 from the CD-ROM drive. Please advice. Thank you.
March 13th, 2010 6:10am

Can you post the steps and error messages you receive?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 13th, 2010 7:53am

Hello Dave,Iam going into going into add/remove window components from control panel and then select the applications server. The comonent configuration installation start and then all the sudden stops with a box saying that "Please Insert the Compact Disc labled 'Service Pack Disc 1' into your CD-ROM Drive and then Click Ok." I have downloaded my copy Win2003Server from MSNDN Academic alliance. I have extracted the IOS file and then copied all the files for Win2003Server on to a CD-ROM drive.I then inserted the Win2003Server disk in my CD-ROM drive and then clicked OK. I got another box saying "Some files Service Pack Disc 1 are need. Insert Service Pack Disc 1 CD-ROM into the drive selected below, and then click below." The path D:\i386 in the text box. When I click browse I see the file name iisapp.vbs . I tried to browse to this file on the D:\ drive but coulld not find it in the Database folder nad not in the I386 folder.I get this box "Please Insert the Compact Disc labled 'Service Pack Disc 1' into your CD-ROM Drive and then Click Ok." on any component I try and add to Win2003Server.Please help.Thank you,Mohammad Ali
March 13th, 2010 7:04pm

I think the message is deceiving. I'd create an integrated install point following this instruction and point to resulting \I386 directory when prompted.http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784899(WS.10).aspx#IntegratedRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 13th, 2010 7:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics