Windows 2003 server denies remote desktop connection
Will someone help me troubleshoot why Windows 2003 server denies access to the via Remote Desktop Connection? In the firewall, I already create an exception for the Remote Desktop and File and Printer Sharing. In the System Properties/Remote tab, the Enable Remote Desktop on this computer is enabled or checked. However, I still cannot access the server via Remote Desktop Connection from my Vista connection. I can connect to any other computer/servers but not two Windows 2003 servers.
March 26th, 2010 3:58pm

The exact error message you're seeing is always good information to provide if you expect someone to be able to help you. Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2010 10:39pm

Here's the error.
March 27th, 2010 6:14am

make sure if both conditions are true: 1) server names are correctly translated to their IP addresses. 2) if servers are located on different subnets, make sure if routing is working and you can access them via ICMP (simple ping).http://www.sysadmins.lv
March 27th, 2010 11:05pm

Hi, As Vadims stated, please ensure that the network connection between the server and client is working. You can telnet the 3389 port on the server to verify it. In addition, please open Registry Editor on the server, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters, and ensure that the value of the following entries is 0: EnableTCPChimney EnableRSS EnableTCPA Note: You need to restart the server for the change to take effect if you correct the value of the registry entry.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
April 1st, 2010 6:18am

I found the answer. I unchecked the option "Block All traffic filter list" in the IPSEC settings and it works instantaneously. Many thanks for all your time in trying to help me but after all, it's the IPSEC that causes the problem.
April 26th, 2010 5:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics