Windows 2003 server boot problem with software RAID
Hi, I have a big problem with a server of a client. The server is a old HP that has 5 disk that I think are in RAID 5. The RAID was made with the windows server not by hardware. Now is the problem, the windows server doesn’t boot up, it starts to show logo of Microsoft and them I get a blue screen. The bigger problem is that the client has data on the server that is very important and doesn’t have any backup. How can I start the windows just to take out the files? I have tried safe mode and the same problem. In any mode the problem is the same. If I use the cd and do a system recovery what will happen to the RAID? Don’t forget that is software made. Any help is welcome BestLuis H Serpa
January 6th, 2012 5:15am

What is type of the disk that contains Windows system and boot files - dynamic or basic disk storage?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 6th, 2012 5:26am

Hi. I don't know and the client doesn't know to. is any way to get that information? bestLuis H Serpa
January 6th, 2012 5:55am

Hi, i did manage to start the server using the windows server 2003 CD in recovery mode. I enter the disk and find the folder that have the data to backup but it give a error saying "access deny". how do i see the log's to see what is the problem with the server or how can i open the folder and backup the information to a pen? bestLuis H Serpa
January 7th, 2012 7:40am

Hi, You can move the disks to another computer. These disks will be recognized as foreign disks. You can repair the disks to restore the RAID5. I just tried to create a RAID5 on a VM and recreate it on another VM. Data (a TXT file) can still be accessed. Meanwhile, it is still recommanded to try to recover the system before moving disks as we may encounter unexpect issue. TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
January 9th, 2012 2:46am

Hi, any tip or KQ how to recover the system? bestLuis H Serpa
January 9th, 2012 4:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics