Windows 2003 server Doesnt connect to the network
Hello everyone! I am using a Server with Win 2003 sp2, configured for file server, terminal server and active directory.. i had the unfortunate idea of trying to install a VPN server, and after i finish setuping it, the computer lost completely the connection with the network.of course it dedicated the device to the VPN and then i uninstalled the vpn server, but the network is still not connecting. and also not connecting trought the Terminal Services.Did anyone pass trought the same problem before? I am pretty sure the solution is simple, but since i am kinda unexperienced on Win2003 server i think i am failing into finding it...I passed trought this before and i had to reinstall the server.. but i realy dont wanna do this again.Thanks for your help
October 24th, 2009 2:07pm

I dont think you need to. Uninstall and reinstall the NICdrivers and TCP/IPO once again.Raj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2009 2:17pm

This article may help.How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
October 24th, 2009 11:10pm

You should never configure remote access on a DC. It gives you all sorts of odd problems, because the server becomes multihomed as soon as a remote user connects. (The RRAS internal inerface gets an IP address from the pool). If setting up VPN blocked all traffic, you used the wrong option in the wizard. If you configure it as a VPN only server, packet filters are created to block all non-VPN traffic. This was very easy to do in W2k, a bit harder to do by accident in W2k3.Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2009 2:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics