Windows 2003 sbs slow saving to server
Hi everyone, i'm a newbie when it comes to installing windows 2003 server. Here's my problem , i just recently bought a new server with windows 2003 sbs edition and installed it in workgroup (i had not complete the network setup to make it a domain since we don't need to do that). The server was running great for 1 week, we have 1 application accessing the server on 7windows xp pro sp2 stations. The read and write was almost instant, butthen the server started to reboot every hourand in the event viewer igot an sbcore error. So i look it up and they said you need to complete the network installation. So i did complete the installation and it only offered me to install has a domain wich i did. So now as i stand the server and station all have acces except that as soon as i write to the server it takes 3 to 5 seconds to complete the save. Before the domain controller was installed it was almost instant. Anyone know what could be the problem ? Also the server is not connected to the internet but all patches are up to date. Thanks in advance. Stphane Forest
April 5th, 2007 1:06am

Hi Stephane, This forum is for Windows Server "Longhorn." You might be better served posting to the Small Business Server Newsgroup. Here is the link. Best of Luck. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/server/sbs.mspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2007 8:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics