Windows 2003 application install
Win2K server SP2 I am trying to install an MSI and kep getting the error message "The installer was interruped before nimbus_vc2008 could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again." Any ideas what is causing this or how this can be rectified. I have run the installer with a log but can't see where I attach the log in the forum.
April 29th, 2009 3:02pm

is this a custom MSI package or have you downloaded the MSI from open source ?can you try installing the MSI on different OS and let us know whether you are able to install it ?if its a custom MSI then you need to probably look at your MSI code, suggestion to look at propertyname.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2009 8:32pm

Hi, According to the error, it seems that the application(MSI file) you want to install need VC2008, it means that you should install VC2008 first, and then install the application. I recommend that you download another MSI file to have a try. If it's convenient for you, please provide the link of the MSI file, we can have a install to whether it can be installed in our computer. Best regards, Vincent Hu
April 30th, 2009 12:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics