Windows 2003 Server Suddenly Drops Connections to everything but PING and port 80 (webserver)
Hi, I'm running a Windows 2003 Dedicated server, with IBM HTTP Server V6.1 (Apache); and the box has been rock solid for more than 2 years now. Just recently, I have had an issue where after a certain ammount of time the server will just stop accepting connections on all ports except 80, and still responds to pings. If you surf to a static HTML page on the box, you can display it. RDP refuses to connect. The only fix at this time is to have the provider physically reboot my box to correct the issue. The event log doesn't seem to be leaving helpful messages, and I am at a lost to what is causing this error since I have not installed any new software in months on it. I´ve been reading in some post that this could be cause by a Windows Update, but i´m not sure about it, the server is in a production enviroment, so can not make a lot of test to find de source. Any tips or help would be appreciated to tracking down this issue. I don't mind updating the question as responses come in.
June 8th, 2010 5:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics