Windows 2003 Roaming Profile Corruption on Password Expire
Hello, I have an Windows 2003 x86 Std (SP2 ) Terminal Server farm, running Citrix PS 4.5 We have an issue where when a users password expires/is set to be changed at next logon their profile becomes corrupted; just as per: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/833409 However, we are running SP2 so this hotfix does not apply. Is there an SP2 fix available.... is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance.
July 7th, 2009 11:57am

Hi, As far as I know, there is no 833409 hotfix for Windows 2003 SP2. This issue may be caused by other factors. Please help to collect the following information. 1. When did the issue start to occur? 2. Is there any change made on Terminal Servers? 3. Could you create a new user account and expire its password manually to reproduce this problem? 4. Please let us know the detailed error message users get when profile gets corrupt and related errors on TS server. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2009 3:22pm

Hi Mervyn, In response to your questions. 1) This issue has been occurring ever since the move from Windows 2000 / Citrix Metaframe XP to Windows 2003 Citrix PS 4.5 (around 12 months ago) 2) We have also recently performed a domain migration, other than this there are no TS related changed. 3) I have tried this and the profile has not become corrupted. I will test this a few more times though. We are not inundated with users complaining, so it may be an intermittent issue. 4) I'll get back to you with the error message. Thanks.
July 9th, 2009 10:42am

Hi, Many Profile corruption were caused by Log off problem. UPHClean helps to prevent log off issue, please try to deploy it to clients to avoid some corruption. UPHClean v2.0 http://blogs.technet.com/uphclean/archive/2008/02/28/uphclean-v2-0.aspx Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2009 6:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics