Windows 2003 R2 freezes after username and password login
Windows 2003 screen freezes after entering username and password. No desktop shown. Tried to run explorer.exe in task manager but nothing shows. Safe mode and remote desktop couldn't even work-same freezing screen. Tried to do a repair but CD did not have this option shown. Users still able to log into windows 2003 domain and shared folders are still able to be shared and used.
January 28th, 2010 6:07am

I'd try checking the event log remotely. My Computer|Manage|connect to another computerRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2010 6:26am

I couldn't even get into the Event log(from task manager) as it say class not registered.
January 28th, 2010 6:46am

I'm confused. I thought you couldn't logon?Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 28th, 2010 6:53am

I'm able to logon using the username and password. After that it becomes a wallpaper screen that never stops. I can never get into the desktop. If I ctrl+alt+del, am able to bring the taskmanager up.
January 28th, 2010 7:06am

I'd still try checking the event log remotelyRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 28th, 2010 7:27am

Could you advise me how to check? The event viewer obtained from the task manager just says the 'class not registered'
January 28th, 2010 7:36am

Control Panel|Admin Tools|Computer Management(local)|Action|Connect to another computerRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
January 28th, 2010 7:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics