Windows 2003 Ipsec Delay Following Machine Reboot
I am experiencing about a 5 minute delay following the reboot of my Windows 2003 IPSec boundary servers until they can sucessfully communicate with othe IPSec boundary machines. Example: 1. Reboot Windows 2003 IPSec boundary machine. The machine is configured in accordance with Microsoft's IPSec Domain and Server Isolation guide as a boundary machine. 2. Wait untilserver bootsto the logon screen and begin a continuousping to the server from another boundary machine. Start timer. 3. It takes about 5 minutes until the server will successfully answer a ping. During this time you can log onto the server and communicate with the DC (IPSec Exclusion Policy for DCs). 4. 5 minutes pass and ping begins to succeed. Does anyone know why there is a 5 minute delay following a server reboot for Windows 2003 boundary machines to communicate? Is there a known method to lessen the delay? If I remove the IPSec policy from the machine the 5 minute delay following a reboot does not occur. Thank You, Greg P.S. Sorry about posting in the Windows 2008 forum, but I could not find a Windows 2003 forum. PPS. Does the delay occur with Windows 2008 server?
October 19th, 2007 6:08am

This forum is for Windows Server 2008. Please repost your question in the Windows 2003 newsgroup. You'll find all newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/default.mspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 1st, 2007 2:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics