Windows 2003 Failure Audit Event ID:529
Hi all, I am receiving failure audits on an Exchange server every 1.5hours or so from a legitimate AD user but from a machine on the network that the user does not log on to. Servers Domain Controller 2003 SP2 32bit Exchange Server 2003 SP2 32bit Application Server 2003 SP2 32bit I have checked the Outlook Exchange account name and scheduled tasks on the PC in question and the logs do not reveal any clues. Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 15/05/2012 Time: 12:49:19 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EXCHANGESERVER Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: (AD username) Domain: EXCHANGESERVER Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: COMPUTERNAME Caller User Name: - Caller Domain: - Caller Logon ID: - Caller Process ID: - Transited Services: - Source Network Address: 192.168.10.29 Source Port: 1420 Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Shaun
May 15th, 2012 12:48am

Hi Shaun, Thank you for the post. Since the event occurs every 1.5 hours, I suggest you check the schedule task first. Then troubleshooting account lockout follow the article below. http://blogs.technet.com/b/instan/archive/2009/09/01/troubleshooting-account-lockout-the-pss-way.aspx If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. RegardsRick Tan TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 16th, 2012 5:31am

Hi Shaun, Thank you for the post. Since the event occurs every 1.5 hours, I suggest you check the schedule task first. Then troubleshooting account lockout follow the article below. http://blogs.technet.com/b/instan/archive/2009/09/01/troubleshooting-account-lockout-the-pss-way.aspx If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. RegardsRick Tan TechNet Community Support
May 16th, 2012 5:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics