Windows 2003 Disk Manager gives Unspecified error
Hello all, I have search for this error, with no luck. Here is the problem, we have a Windows 2003 SP2 Server, that can not connect to the local Disk Management. From Computer Management, click on Disk Management, we get an error saying "Unspecified error". In the MMC status bar reads "Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager Service".How can I fix this?We have restarted the server and the services a few times. Still no luck.Thanks for your time and help.Nick
November 18th, 2009 8:55pm

Hello Nick, Please make sure the following two services are started: DCOM Server Process Launcher COM+ Event System Restart the computer and test the result. If the issue persists, please backup the following registries on your problematic machine. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{4FB6BB00-3347-11d0-B40A-00AA005FF586} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\dmserver Export the above registries on a working machine and import them to this problematic machine. Whats the result? Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2009 10:22am

Hi Tim Quan,I have tested the above on my server, appearently it did not work.still getting same error messager "unspecified error" on Logical Disk Management.Regards,Stephan
December 12th, 2009 5:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics