Windows 2003 AND Shutdown time for more than 600 seconds
Hello, I am working with Windows 2003 that only allows up to 600 second restart. I need to coordinate a reboot of systems for 900 seconds. I know that this limitation is somewhere inside the registry... Would you be so kind to point me to the solution? I CAN'T use PSSHUTDOWN or any other tool. I worked with some limitations and my limitation MUST be around the tools built-in Windows. Regards, EddySystems Administrator
January 15th, 2011 11:41am

Hi Eddy, As far as I know, this limitation is not controlled by registry. To achieve your goal, you can use the Windows based script in the following article: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/186/1/Windows-Vista-Shutdownexe---Maximum-allowed-timeout-value-is-600-Seconds.html Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. It works on Windows Server 2003. Hope this helps. Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 3:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics