Windows 2003 - local disabled account can still map shares
Hi, I have an account which is disabled but I can still map shares. How can this be? If I enable auditing I see, that first attempt will be answered with error but afterwards mapping will be done using Guest credentials !??? Policies related to this (afair) are set to Accounts: Rename guest account = Guest Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts = Classic: Local users authenticate as themselves A second account, which is identical setup as to the first one does behave different. If I try to map a share I get an answer "account disabled" as expected. Any ideas? Thx Reinhard
July 17th, 2009 12:40pm

Hello,make sure the guest account is disabled and that also NO user is in the domain guests security group.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2009 2:32am

HI, thx for the answer. Yes this solves the problem but still doesn't explain way it happened? Do you know how to configure a user so that he is always map to guest account other then using local policy? Thx Reinhard
July 20th, 2009 1:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics