Windows 2003 & Cygwin
Hello all. I'm running windows 2003 server with cygwin installed. I have scheduled batch jobs that call shell scripts. In one script, it "touch"es a file. When I look at the attributes of the file within cygwin, it gives me all "?"s. If I right click and go to properties, there is no security tab. The file can not be removed by either, cygwin or windows. In windows, it says the file is either write protected or in use. In cygwin, it says no such file exists. I gave it the good ol' fashioned reboot and it appeared to resolve the issue. But as soon as I ran the script again, it resurfaced. This has happened on two different servers now and I'd like to prevent it from happening to another. I thought maybe a bad sector was written to or maybe the hard drive was bad. But this is only happening to one file. The scripts writes/creates other files without an issue. Can anyone point me in a direction?
April 29th, 2010 9:12pm

Hi , There is a dedicated scripting forum to assist your problem. Please use the below link and post your question http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 5th, 2010 12:19pm

Item moved. This thread can be closed.
May 5th, 2010 3:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics