Windows 2003/2008 Profile Corruption
I logging into Citrix, I several servers have been upgraded to Windows 2008, If I log into Windows 2003 server and then use a application that is on a 2008 Server, I noticed that my profile become corrupt. Is there know issue with logging in to Windows 2008 /2003 Servers.Simon Wilson
March 4th, 2012 2:36pm

There is difference in profile repository. Windows XP and Windows 2003 have profiles in Documents and Settings and Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 stores profile in Users subfolders. Here is the origin of your pain. Recommended action is migration http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947025/en-us Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 4th, 2012 3:04pm

I believe we are using the windows 2008 redirection method, are there any way corruption can still occurr ?Simon Wilson
March 4th, 2012 3:52pm

Hello, Would you please kindly explain what is the exact symptom of Profile Corruption? Is there an error code or error message? Do you mean that your profile doesnt load after you run the application on Server 2008? --I believe we are using the windows 2008 redirection method, are there any way corruption can still occurr ? Theoretically, a file could become corrupt at any time during transmission. Thanks ZHANG
March 5th, 2012 2:24am

Heres the problem, I logged into Windows 2003 Server Standard via Citrix Xenapp. I then I may decide to use the new Windows 2008 Server. Then I logged back into Windows 2003, every seems to lock. Sounds strange but I believe that Windows 2003 has some how been damaged during the redirection Simon Wilson
March 5th, 2012 4:31am

Hello, I am afraid your problem description is still not very clear. You logged into Server 2003, then logged off and logged in Server 2008. When logged back to Server 2003 again, everything seems locked. What do you mean by Locked. Additionally, please provide more information about the redirection configuration in your environment. Thanks ZHANG
March 7th, 2012 3:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics