Windows 2000 Server issue
For anyone who would like to tackle this one.I have created a win 2000 server, created a domain and users with profiles. When I then Login to thedomain from a windows 2000 workstation, the login runs fine and the profile loads OK! However when I login to the doamin from a windows XP workstation I recv'd an error that the Profile could not load and you will be logged on with a temp Local profile. I tried everything possible but still had not luck. Your input would be greatly appreciated.I was given a hint that I may have to upgrade the server to win 2003 server.Many thanksChris
September 15th, 2009 11:59pm

Hello,sounds like aconnectivity problem, please poat an unedited ipconfig /all from the server and the XP so we can exclude DNS as one problem. Also make sure no firewall is blocking the connection.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 16th, 2009 1:21am

Thanks for your input, I will perform these steps to resolve the issue. I have to agree it does seem like a connectivity issue. I would also get a message that the profile could not be found on the server.
September 16th, 2009 4:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics