Windows 10 RSAT WSUS Computers view column changes not copying or persisting

A few weeks ago, I installed the new version of Remote Server Administration Tools on Windows 10. Today I accessed the Windows Server Update Services module for the first time. I selected additional columns from the menu that appeared when I right clicked the column headers in any of the 'Computers' views. I then selected 'Apply to All Views' from the same menu. The columns did not copy to the other computer views. When I restarted the module, the view that I did change had reverted to the default columns. I did see the correct expected behavior in all the 'Updates' views, just not the 'Computers' views.

I do not see this behavior in the Windows Server Update Services module on the server. I did not see this behavior on my workstation before upgrading to Windows 10 when using RSAT WSUS for Windows 7. It seems this issue is specific to RSAT for Windows 10.

Has any one else observed this behavior? Is there something I can do to resolve it?

Thanks,

Shem

September 11th, 2015 10:05pm

I took a hint from Lawrence Garvin's response to this other WSUS issue (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/460d631d-9a56-4687-a721-7636ac3cfbdb/how-to-save-columns-customization-and-views-on-wsus-console?forum=winserverwsus) and deleted the %AppData%\Microsoft\MMC\wsus file. The wsus file created when I ran the WSUS snapin again was able to persist the settings.

One small difference from Lawrence's instructions is that it seems that %AppData% now evaluates to the Roaming folder in Windows 10, so %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC evaluates to AppData\Roaming\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC, which does not exist.

• Marked as answer by ShemSargent Friday, September 11, 2015 10:44 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 10:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics