Windows 10 - Hyper V

When Trying to create a new virtual network I end up getting.

What's going on here

September 8th, 2015 12:03pm

Which OS are you using? If it's 2012 (non-R2) then you can't use a WiFi card as an external NIC. This only became supported in R2/8.1.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 7:13am

So I am going to assume your are on Windows 10 as you have posted to the Windows 10 Hyper-V forum.  Common problems are that Hyper-V is only availble for 64bit installations of Winodws 10, and even though the client tools will show up they are also there for remote management. What matters is is the hyper-V service running? If it is then we are going to need more details, if not then you won't be able to do anything very much

Another Andrew

September 9th, 2015 7:29am

I am running windows 10 professional x64, as for details what are you chasing, in general.
September 9th, 2015 7:44am

Ben

Hi I did manage to repro an error like you had on a Surface Pro 3 with its wireless adapter.I think it was because I didn't give the switch a name.  I then had a look at what Hyper-V had done in networkadapters in contorl panel - you shoud see a bridge and possibly a disbled hyoer-v switch.  I deleted the bridge and then tried again and now I am good.. as per these two screengrabs.

if you are in the UK and are still in trouble ping me (afryer@microsoft.com)

September 10th, 2015 3:47am

First off I do have a problem with any switch with the pipe symbol "|" in the name, I would fix that fist.

September 10th, 2015 7:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics