Windows - Internet Time Settings vs w32Time (w32tm)
Hi, I am trying to work out what the difference is between the gui based (Internet Time Settings) that are set in the adjust date/time in windows and the w32time service (w32tm config program). I have setup an non domain based server to sync with an external time source. This server is also setup as a ntp server to server internal servers. I have used w32tm to set it up and I belive its working, however in settings up the clients I would of expected to see the server list change in the gui (in adjust date/time) when I change the peerlist. Please someone explain how these 2 things sit together. :o) Cheers
July 4th, 2011 8:15am

Thanks for the response. Thought I was clear... :) My understnading was that both the internet time settings window (adjust date/time) and w32time service were controlling/looking at the same thing. So by changing the peerlist via w32tm I was expecting the peerlist in the internet time settings dialog to change, however I am not seeing that. The list in the internet time settings window (adjust date/time) remains unchanged. So I suppose my question is.. Why doesn't the peerlist change in the internet time settings window (adjust date/time) when I change it via w32tm.exe? Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2011 11:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics