Windows2003 server std sp2 slow
I found that this DC gets slow after a few days. I first noticed it because the backup ws timing out...that is, the rate is about 10-15% what it should be. Also, using the console is sluggish. A reboot cures it, for a few days. I see lsass is using more cpu than seems right. I did see a hotfix is available for a similar problem, but when I check the file versions, mine are later than those in the hotfix. In the 10 years I have been looking after this network, I have been unable to get users to log off...ever. They don't necessarily even save their work, they just stand up and go home! This means it is a pain having to reboot the server. That said, I did bring the server up to date on Microsoft updates a couple weeks ago. As it is a Proliant ML350, I also brought it up to date on HP updates at the same time.Does anyone have any ideas?Ed
October 7th, 2009 3:56am

I'd take a snapshot (screenprint) of Task Manager|Processes tab after boot and then compare it to a few days later as a starting point.Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 7th, 2009 5:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics