Window Server Trial Activation
I downloaded a trial version of WS2008 and installed it on a server. Set the server up as a bdc on the network. The retail version of the software was being shipped at the time. Now I want to activate the trial version with the purchased version key. Activation fails and when running setup the upgrade option is grayed out. Clean install is the only option available. This is a major inconvenience. Is there any way I can activate this?
June 21st, 2008 7:44pm

In the past trial media, OEM media, VLK media and FPPmediafor Windows were different media sets.In Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 there is no difference in the media. (some minor exceptions) The difference is made through the Product Key. To transform your Windows Server 2008 trial installation to the fullfledged version you can enter your Product Key and activate windows with the followingcommands: start /w slmgr.vbs -ipk ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO-PQRST-UVWXY start /w slmgr.vbs -ato Where you need to replace ABCDE-FGHIJ-KLMNO-PQRST-UVWXY with the Windows product key from your Certificate of Authenticity. When done check the status of Windows Product Activation again. Ifyou receive an error please post it here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2008 9:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics