Win Server 2003 Error on startup "Could not access the local server"
Hello, I'm getting the following error upon startup in Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2: "Could not access the local server." Other symptoms include: Various services: HTTP SSL (requires IIS), IIS Admin Service, McAfee McShield, and some others that are set to Auto but are not running. When I try to start IIS manually, I get the error: "Could not start the IIS Admin Service service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied." In my Security Events Log, I have a long list of Failure Audits with the Event ID: 560 and Source: Security. I've researched this issue but I haven't found anything that applies to my instance. It sounds like something's up with my permissions for LOCAL SERVICE, SYSTEM and Administrators groups but I can't figure out what. Thanks in advance for any help!
February 15th, 2011 10:21am

Hi, Based on my research, this issue may be caused by McAfee software. I suggest you temporarily uninstall the McAfee software or test the issue in Clean Boot state. For more information about Clean Boot, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 11:38pm

Update: Issue appears to be resolved. I downloaded sysinternals and ran AccesEnum on my registry. Somehow, I lost ownership to a lot of my registry entries. I reapplied the ownership to the Administrators group and the problem appears to be resolved.
February 17th, 2011 8:59am

Hi, Thank you for the feedback. This information will benefit many other users who access this forum. If you have more questions in the future, you’re welcomed to this forum. Have a nice day!This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2011 8:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics