Win 7 (64 bit), Office 2010 (32 bit) system with error “Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine” - after trying 2010 and 2007 AccessDatabaseEngine (x86 & x64) drivers

Hi everyone,

I know that this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm still unable to get my OLEDB drivers working with the following setup: (Even after doing a lot of reading on these forums)

Win 7 (64 bit), Office 2010 (32 bit)

Getting error Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine 

Tried every combination of 2010 and 2007 AccessDatabaseEngine (x86 & x64) drivers.

Upgrading to Office 2010 x64 is not an option for me, I have to stay with 32 bit.
Is there anyone out there who has the same setup as me that managed to get it working? If so, I'd love to know how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

August 23rd, 2013 4:38pm

Upgrading to Office 2010 x64 is not an option for me, I have to stay with 32 bit.

Hello,

The used Office version 32/64 bit doesn't matter in any way, the combination of used tool and ACE provider must fit, they must use be of same 32 or 64 bit architecture.

So what for a tool are you using to connect to the MS Access database file?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2013 6:45pm

Hi mdakin,

As far as I know, we need to install the corresponding Microsoft Access Database Engine according to the current SQL Server instance, for example, if we are using 64bit SQL Server, it is suggested to install 64bit Access Database Engine. But if 32bit Office is installed, 64bit Access Database Engine may fail to install due to compatible issue, I suggest installing SQL Server and Access Database Engine on Windows Server system without Office installed. With Windows 7 system, we may need to uninstall Office product and install the correct Access Database Engine (Please make sure you have Office installation files and product key if you want to try this step).

August 26th, 2013 3:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics