Win 2008 R2 and Wpad X DHCP
Hello. Since W2k3, I was using DHCP to send wpad information to my clients on network (to Isa Client). Now I setup the DHCP role on a new W2k8 R2 server, configured the 252 option on a new scope but since then the clients cannot detect the wpad info from my DHCP. I used the Network Monitor tool to capture the packets from DHCP server to a client connection. On that capture, I can see that DHCP server is responding the request of ip request, but the option 252 is not transmitted to the client. I've seen on internet some questions about wpad on DNS, but in this enviroment I need to distribute that info trough DHCP and not DNS. Bellow is some screenshots of my DHCP server configuration and from my network capture: DHCP Server: Network Capture: Anybody can please help-me?
February 27th, 2012 11:59am

Found the problem. The 252 Wpad configuration needs now to be configured on the Server Option, and not on the Scope option.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2012 12:39pm

Glad to see you figured it out. Thanks for posting back and sharing this with us. Heres a MS article talking about some common wpad problems. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc302643.aspx#DHCPWPADIssues Thanks ZHANG
February 28th, 2012 1:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics