Win 2008 R2 RDP Session Freeze
Hi,We have installed a new server running Win 2008 R2 and configured it as the RDP server for the company. There are only 6 users connecting to the server at any one time. The server is a member of the Domain which is an SBS 2008 server.Users of the RDP server report their RDP session freezes at random times and it effectively kicks every other user off their RDP session as well. They are connecting via a WinXP SP3 RDP client. This lasts for about 5 minutes and then they can re-connect.I have looked through the Event Logs and the only error I can find is a Security event:Even ID 6281 System Integrity Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\l3codeca.acm After searching through the forums this is apparently an Event that can be safely ignored and is by design.The only other piece of information that may be helpful is that each PC is connecting via a Cisco WAP4410N Wireless Access Point running the latest firmware.Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can start looking to try and get to the bottom of this?Thanks in advance...Duke
April 16th, 2010 4:35am

Problem solved. This TS was setup on a Supermicro X8DTi-F motherboard with onboard IPMI. We discovered the IPMI was randomly utilising ethernet port 1 so we moved our ethernet connection to ethernet port 2 and the problem resolved itself. We also, flashed the IPMI with the latest firmware. Hope this helps someone... Duke
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2010 4:22am

I thought we had reached the bottom of this problem, but it has returned. Users Terminal Server sessions are disconnected randomly with no rhyme nor reason. The event logs show nothing other than the following: Eventid 50: The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. EventID 56: The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. Client IP: 192.168.11.19. Normally if one user is disconnected, all users are as well. This issue is described well here: http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Remote_Desktop-Terminal_Services/Q_25387574.html This has been going on for 2-3 weeks now and I'm no closer to rectifying the problem now than I was 3 weeks ago. Anyone got any advice? Regards Duke
May 7th, 2010 9:43am

Anyone? Just some suggestions as to where to look would be handy... Thanks...
May 10th, 2010 5:28am

Hi! Just wanna tell that I have the exact same problem on a HP Proliant 350 running windows server 2008 r2 swedish language. I am still running the RDS license under grace period! You do that aswell? It happens 5 times in 24 hours for me. I have read about the certificate. But just started to find the problem. Best regards Jimmy
June 22nd, 2010 9:23am

Hi! Just wanna tell that I have the exact same problem on a HP Proliant 350 running windows server 2008 r2 swedish language. I am still running the RDS license under grace period! You do that aswell? It happens 5 times in 24 hours for me. I have read about the certificate. But just started to find the problem. Best regards Jimmy Hi Jimmy, I've a configuration which has the same problem. An ML350G6 with 2008 R2 RDS. Only we are using ESXi to virtualize the server. Did you find any resolution yet? Regards, Sander
July 15th, 2010 1:13am

I have noticed this event (and the simultaneous Error Event 3002 in the CodeIntegrity/Operational log) is associated with audio over RDP on both Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 systems. The best discussion of this event is here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/009c3e66-f99e-40b6-97ca-05f33ad26239
November 16th, 2010 9:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics