Win 2008 R2 - Active Directory - KccEvents on Global Catalog for a failed demote.
Error when trying to replicate: The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize naming context failed_dc_demote_domain.com from Domain Controller Dawn1 to Domain Controller Dawn2: The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server. This Operation will not continue.
December 8th, 2010 6:41pm

Hello, what about "DC=charleston-cpa,DC=com "? Is that a removed not longer existing domain? If it was removed shortly, then wait for replication times, default is 3 hours ofr internsite, if it doesn't exist longer anymore please check with: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230306/en-us The error 0x6ba "The RPC server is unavailable." for the event log tests occurs on Windows server 2008 R2, if the firewall is running, for test disable it or run the dcdiag /v /c on the server itself instead remotely. According to the DNS BPA please use the real ip address on the NIC, also configure an additional domain internal DNS server, the loopback ip address add as 2nd or 3rd DNS server instead. Personal i remove it complete. Check the external DNS servers configured as Forwarder with your ISP, if they still exist.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2010 7:11pm

Tombstone lifespan has already passed after the remove of the domain. Firewall isnt an issue, even tested it with it disabled, I can also force a replication. Internal DNS is working correctly External DNS's are working correctly. I have tried to do a meta cleanup but when i type List Domains, the charleston-cpa domain is not an option.
December 10th, 2010 10:07am

Hello, please see here about working with application directory partitions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756807(WS.10).aspx http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779691(WS.10).aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
December 10th, 2010 10:15am

If this helps any my Event Viewer has two repeating errors: Internal event: Active Directory Domain Services has encountered the following exception and associated parameters. Exception: e0010002 Parameter: 5 Additional Data Error value: 8442 Internal ID: 10c0a08 ---------------------- AND ---------------------- Internal error: The operation on the object failed. Additional Data Error value: 5 00002035: SvcErr: DSID-030901D7, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0 ---------------------- NO LINGERING META DATA! ------------------------ ntdlsutil: metadata cleanup: List Domains - does not contain deleted domain ntdlsutil: metadata cleanup: List Domains in Site - does not contain delete domain ntdlsutil: metadata cleanup: List Naming Context - does not contain deleted domain ntdlsutil: metadata cleanup: List Servers in site - does not contain deleted domain ntdlsutil: metadata cleanup: List Sites - does not contain deleted domain
December 10th, 2010 2:04pm

Hi, This is a known issue. It occurs when Active Directory domain controllers are unable to unhost the partition for an naming context that has been removed from the forest. The hotfix for this issue will be available soon. I will post it here when the hotfix is published. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 12th, 2010 10:10pm

First off I would just like to say a big thanks to all that post their advice/solutions on here. It has solved many of my issues in the past and has saved me much headache and time, so thank :) Joson, do you have any more updates regarding the hotfix? This is causing major issues in our AD network. Would I be able to approach MS directly for it? Thanks for your help.
January 6th, 2011 5:13pm

Hi, I am sorry but the hotfix is not ready yet. You may contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) directly to check if there is a private fix for the issue. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 10th, 2011 11:55pm

Hi, is the hotfix out yet? I'm having the excact same issue, unsuccessful demote of a domain, unable to find the old domain with ntdsutil and AD sites and services is giving me error when trying to sync, says error during the attempt to synchronize naming context OLD.DOMAINname
February 2nd, 2011 8:34am

Hi, I'm having the same issue too. I've tried to demote and promote all my domain controllers, but i keep getting: Internal event: Active Directory Domain Services has encountered the following exception and associated parameters. Exception: e0010002 Parameter: 5 Additional Data Error value: 8442 Internal ID: 10c0a08 ---------------------- AND ---------------------- Internal error: The operation on the object failed. Additional Data Error value: 5 00002035: SvcErr: DSID-030901D7, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Is the hotfix avaliable? If not, how can I get in contact with Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)? Thanks in advance.
February 2nd, 2011 8:55pm

I am having the same issue after decommissiong a child domain and am now seeing these events on my 2008 R2 DC's. I opened a support ticket and there is a hotfix for this issue, but it is apparently still in the testing phase so support can't release it yet. When support notifies me of it availability, I will post here....
February 3rd, 2011 4:10pm

Looks like the hotfix is out - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2413670. It fixed my DC that had this problem :)
February 23rd, 2011 12:42pm

Fixed mine as well.
February 23rd, 2011 5:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics