Win 2008 32bit Enterprise - unable to map drive to web folder (sharepoint document library)
HeyallWe have office sharepoint2007 (onwin 2003 o/s). Users inside LAN or accessingvia outside (published using isa 2006 + SSL from known CA) can browse into a document library. Go Action - Open in Windows Explorer.On the new win 2008 servers this doesn't work. There is no error message just nothing happens.Wheninternal sharepoint is accessed without SSLTrying this from Win XP / 2003 & Vista machines works without a problem. Hence why I don't think its the server.I've tried this from 3 different Win 2008 machines and have the same problemThings i've tried* logged in as domain admin on the win2008and tested * added the site to Trusted Sites in IE and reset the security to low* net use t: \\server\doclibrary fails as well with the error The network path was not foundOne more symptomWhile logged into the Win2008 server (terminal server role added) I can browse into the document library. When I click on a doc it opens in word (office pro plus 2007 installed).When I click on the Edit button I get an error "A problem occured whileconnecting to server"Any ideas where to start ?ThanksBryan
September 24th, 2008 2:02am

Hi Bryan, According to the description, the issue of accessing to the Sharepoint server only occurs on the Windows Server 2008 based computer. I suspect it may be caused by the default settings of Windows Firewall. Please run the following command on the Windows Server 2008 computer and then check if it can be helpful. Netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state offDavid Shen - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 29th, 2008 3:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics