Win 10 Pro Computer

I have a working website in WS 2012 R2.  I want to make my Windows 10 Pro Tablet a "computer" in my "OU" called "Lab".  I have set up the OU with the Computer in "Lab" with the name "SurfacePro". When I go in the Tablet and change from "Workgroup:" to "Domain:" it will not accept my website: mysite.com.  I also have a Win 7 computer giving the same error?

Error Message:

An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain "mysite.com" could not be contacted

Ensure that the domain is typed correctly.
Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "mysite.com".

The error was: "No records found for given DNS query."
(error code 0x0000251D DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.mysite.com

August 22nd, 2015 9:32am

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The issue is most likely where the error suggests, with dns.

what DNS server IP addresses have you given to your client computers

Make sure the workstation is getting a valid ip address and the dns server/s are valid as well.
Also check the workstation can ping the dns servers and dc. If you can ping the dns server, make sure the dc's are visible in the dns zone. If you cannot, check network details run ipconfig /all.

Besdies,  check if there's firewall blocking the traffic.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics