WinRM cannot connect to local server
When I run winrm quickconfig I get the following error Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Administrator.DUMACBUSINESSSY>winrm quickconfig WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine. WSManFault Message = The WinRM client cannot complete the operation within the time spe cified. Check if the machine name is valid and is reachable over the network and firewall exception for Windows Remote Management service is enabled. Error number: -2144108250 0x80338126 The WinRM client cannot complete the operation within the time specified. Check if the machine name is valid and is reachable over the network and firewall exce ption for Windows Remote Management service is enabled. C:\Users\Administrator.DUMACBUSINESSSY> I have uninstalled and reinstalled Remote Management Extensions for IIS, I have uninstalled and reinstalled IIS. Still cannon connect from the server to itself using WinRM.
February 8th, 2011 12:40pm

Just some additional information, this is Windows Server 2008 R2 with Exchange Server 2010. I read a post concerning Server 2003 that was very similar and attempted to run some of the tests posted on that question, such as using the Powershell to connect to WSMAN. This was successful, however, when I ran enable-psremoting it failed to connect when it restarted WinRM.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2011 12:55pm

Hello, For powershell queries please you use the Powershell forum. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverpowershell/threads For Exchange related use exchange forum. Thanks
February 9th, 2011 3:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics