WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service failed to start
Hello, I get the following error in the event viewer: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. Event ID: 7000 How to solve this error?
February 3rd, 2011 3:02am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Have you ever modified “ log on account “ setting for these service ? Could you also verify the current account setting in Log On tab of services properties ? “ local service “ is the default entry. please try modifying back to local service account with following the steps in the link below and restart service: Configure How a Service Is Started http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755249.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2011 9:07pm

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Did not modified the "log on account" settings, the default setting is "Local System account". What can I do more?Kind regards.
February 4th, 2011 3:43am

Hi, Thanks for update. Could you verify all dependent service that listed in “dependencies” tab of WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service properties have also been set to startup under “local service” account like this service’s ? Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 4th, 2011 4:07am

Hi, Dependencies are: DHCP client AFD TCP/IP Protocol Driver IPSEC driver DHCP client is configured with NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService! When I change the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery to NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService then I het the same error message! Thanks.Kind regards.
February 4th, 2011 4:14am

Hi, You should configure all these dependent services and WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery service startup under “local service” account. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 4th, 2011 4:23am

Hi, But when I look at my other servers the DHCP client is configured to start with the NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService account, why change this?Kind regards.
February 4th, 2011 4:30am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. I was suspected that different logon account that for launching service may cause this service. So I suggested to test with configuring these services to use same logon account . In this case , have you also verify the logon account that be used to launch other dependent services so far ? You may also try resetting to default settings like what listed in the link below and see if this issue could be solved: Default settings for services http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785922(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 7th, 2011 1:00am

Hi, Thank you for you help. The dafault settings for services are correct on my Server. 1. DHCP client --> Network Service 2. WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service --> Local System So what todo now?Kind regards.
February 7th, 2011 5:16am

Hi, Thanks for update. Is this server running Windows server 2003 ? Could you also verify the log on as account setting of the services below and pleas make sure they are all configured to launch with the same account. Alerter WebClient LmHosts W32Time WinHttpAutoProxySvc Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 9th, 2011 12:03am

Hello. The Server is running Windows Storage Server 2003 with Service Pack 2. Alerter --> Local Service WebClient --> Local Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LmHosts) --> Local Service Windows Time (W32Time) --> Local Service WinHttpAutoProxySvc --> Local Service Kind regards.
February 9th, 2011 3:14am

Hello ZX7R, Were you able to solve this problem? I had the same issue. See below. DHCP CLIENT is logon name is "NT AUTHORITY/NetworkService" Verify both password spaces are blank WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service logon name is "NT AUTHORITY/LocalService" Verify both password spaces are blank
February 9th, 2011 9:42am

Thank you, the problem is solved.Kind regards.
February 9th, 2011 10:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics