Win2008R2 directory browsing problem & security rights
I created user in windows 2008R2. My user is a meber of two groups: Administrators and Power Users. Both groups have read permission on some folder for expamle 'Film'. When I try browse this folder with normal credentials access is denied. To browse this folder I have to increase my level to Administrator by click 'Run as Administrator'. I do not understand what is going on becouse Power Users have the same rigths as Administrators group. Can you help me?
August 30th, 2010 3:58pm

Hi Is UAC turned on your machine?? Please visit this page to learn more about UAC and how to disable it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731416(WS.10).aspx Thanks DineshPlease vote if my answer helped you.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2010 10:29am

Hi, Besides Read Permission, does this user have "List folder contents" and "Read & execute" permission? If not, please try to assign the user these permission. If the problem still occurs, how did you browse the folder? Via Windows Explorer or other programs? Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 6th, 2010 3:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics