Win2003 Remote installation services
Hello all Came across an error that I've never seen before while trying to install/run new image on older IBM laptop:MESSAGE FROM THE SERVER WAS TOO LONG". Then I went and look for MS KB solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832213 which I read and done what was suggested to me but error is still there. Is there a solution to this issue ? Thanks
May 20th, 2011 7:55am

How did you follow the solution in the KB article? Have you tried clearing characters in "Description" and "Help" section in each sif file?Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 23rd, 2011 3:51am

Hi I've followed it to the letter but (there is always but) I didn't realize that there were more the one folder with .sif files (about 100).Thats how you get problems when more the ONE guy is working on RIS. When I reduced nr of those files to 25 RIS was back on line. Thanks for responding Sean.
May 23rd, 2011 4:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics