Will elastic database pools allow for more granular sizing?

Currently if I create an elastic database pool there's a small set of DTU choices (e.g. for premium it's 125, 250, 500, 1000, 1500). I'd like to be able to create a pool with different sizes, e.g. 150 DTU. Is this planned, or is this possible today via powershell? 

thanks,

Rory

August 19th, 2015 11:52am

Thanks for your feedback here.  We certainly are listening to feedback here, and you're not the first person to make this ask.  Our thinking so far, has been to sell in the same increments that individual DBs are sold in.  Hence the numbers you mention.

I've noted your feedback.

Guy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2015 6:38pm

Thanks for your feedback here.  We certainly are listening to feedback here, and you're not the first person to make this ask.  Our thinking so far, has been to sell in the same increments that individual DBs are sold in.  Hence the numbers you mention.

Guy

• Marked as answer by Rory PS 20 hours 49 minutes ago
August 19th, 2015 10:35pm

Guy

• Marked as answer by Rory PS 21 hours 1 minutes ago

Guy

• Marked as answer by Rory PS Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:19 AM

Guy

Guy

Thanks Guy. Smaller increments would be good for us so

a) we can dial up performance in smaller steps without needing to double the spend. This would also encourage us to spend more because we're more likely to stretch for an extra 25 DTUs, for example, than a larger step up. 

b) we can set finer-grained performance thresholds, e.g. have a 150-DTU pool but set the per-db max at 100 so one db can't hog all the resources. Right now with a 125-DTU pool I have no control over the max DTU per database because the settings available are either 0 or 125. 

c) we can tune the DTU allocation based on load requirements over time. 

Granularity of at least 25 DTUs would be good. 

thanks,

Rory

August 20th, 2015 6:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics