Wi-Fi settings pushed with GPO not applied

Hi, I want to configure Wi-Fi network settings on all laptops in my domain thereby I created GPO, linked it to OU containing one test laptop but after gpupdate /force and even restart, network profile did not show up in Manage Wireless Networks. Instead I can see Wi-Fi network I want to connect laptop to but settings are not grayed out, as it should be, and some important settings are different than settings I configured in GPO.

It is interested that when authentication on AP was WPA-Personal and same authentication was defined in GPO, network profile was visible in Manage Wireless Networks and all settings were grayed-out with message like "These settings are managed by your system administrator". Having implemented RADIUS server and change GPO and authentication on AP to use WPA2-Enterprise authentication I can see Wi-Fi network and connect to it but it's settings are not grayed out and they are different than settings I put in GPO.

What is going on here - I expect my network profile pushed with GPO to override network profile for corporate Wi-Fi network which is listed automatically when network is in range? I do not want to go to each laptop and i.e. uncheck Validate server certificate option.

• Edited by BoxiKG 9 hours 47 minutes ago
September 4th, 2015 5:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics