Why some of my shared drives are not responding when try to access?
Hi Every One, I have shared few drives for few groups in our NAS Server. I have given Reader, Contributor and Co-Owner permissions as per their role. Here the problems is the user can access few folders without any issue under the Shared drive, but few folders couldn't access and getting error like not responding or else the specified folder is not available. For a normal user account I created few mapped drives, but later I was not able to disconnect them. Though few mapped drives are disconnected, still appearing for the users in mycomputer. Regards, Ram.Ramakrishna
April 5th, 2012 1:54pm

Hi Ram, Thanks for posting here Is this NAS/Storage server a Windows based Server system ? can we reach that device form clients when issue occurred ? we may try to ping its IP address and see if will get response . > For a normal user account I created few mapped drives, but later I was not able to disconnect them. Though few mapped drives are disconnected, still appearing for the users in mycomputer. How did we mapped that ? is that a persistent drive mapping ? Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-shortcut-to-map-a-network-drive Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 6th, 2012 2:20am

Hi Ram, Thanks for posting here Is this NAS/Storage server a Windows based Server system ? can we reach that device form clients when issue occurred ? we may try to ping its IP address and see if will get response . > For a normal user account I created few mapped drives, but later I was not able to disconnect them. Though few mapped drives are disconnected, still appearing for the users in mycomputer. How did we mapped that ? is that a persistent drive mapping ? Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-shortcut-to-map-a-network-drive Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
April 6th, 2012 2:20am

April 6th, 2012 2:30am

Hi Tiger Li, Yes, ours is Windows Based NAS Server. All normal user accounts are restricted to "Command Prompt" and "Run". I tried with admin credentials and we are able to ping the NAS Server. When I try to access Mapped Drive with normal user credentials, I am getting error ( "R:" the specified network name is no longer availbale"). It worked normally twos day before, but I don't know why it is giving me this error now. I din't change any permissions. Thanks. Ram. Ramakrishna
April 12th, 2012 6:23pm

Hi Tiger Li, Yes, ours is Windows Based NAS Server. All normal user accounts are restricted to "Command Prompt" and "Run". I tried with admin credentials and we are able to ping the NAS Server. When I try to access Mapped Drive with normal user credentials, I am getting error ( "R:" the specified network name is no longer availbale"). It worked normally twos day before, but I don't know why it is giving me this error now. I din't change any permissions. Thanks. Ram. Ramakrishna
April 12th, 2012 6:23pm

April 12th, 2012 6:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics